............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana Veggie Muffins

I planned a new snack for our second day of traveling. I am sharing it with you. I know you all are looking for healthy snacks. 
Banana Veggie Muffins

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste

2 large bananas, mashed

5 ounce canned pumpkin or cooked squash

2 carrots or zucchini grated

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup all-purpose flour a little more or less

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt 

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini muffin cups.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, pumpkin, carrots, and eggs. Stir in the flour amount depends upon how wet your ingredients are. Add oatmeal, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups. 

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.

I hope you enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. What a great way to sneak in some veggies. These sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU I WILL TRY THIS RECIPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious, and is something that my kids would love. Gonna try these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so good! I can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this posts and you don't get like 5 from me LOL. These sound so good! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!! Those sound really good.

    ReplyDelete