............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Recipe: Pooh Bears Birthday Cookies

This recipe is a special chocolate chip cookie recipe that I made up for Pooh Bear. He is always asking for birthday cookies. One time Pooh Bear was given a store bought soft sugar cookie with colorful confetti sprinkles which he immediately claimed was a birthday cookie. I figured a good chocolate chip cookie recipe with some colorful m&ms might fit the bill. When I made them he was so happy to see the colorful dots in the cookies he did not miss the frosting at all. Next time I will try to make them a little healthier.


 Pooh Bear Birthday Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter

3/4 cup white sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 package semisweet chocolate chips

1 package mini m&ms

Preheat oven 350deg. Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Cream together in a large bowl butter and both sugars add eggs vanilla and mix well. Slowly stir in dry ingredients add chocolate chips and m&ms. Mix well. Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until slightly browned on edges. I like to make them mini cookies when I am making them for my grandchildren.

20 comments:

  1. Those sound and look like a great birthday cookie!! Good job Grandma! What a way to make his birthday special to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'll try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great. I love baking with my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What in the entire world could be better then Pooh bear cookies??? sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to save this to make one day. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!! going to bake some of these with my granddaughter ...will be so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So yummy! I love it that there are mini M&Ms in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really yummy. I was actually searching for a really simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all about the sprinkles (M&M's)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound so yummy! I can't wait to make a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so delicious. I will have to try them with the grand-kids soon. They love baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so delicious. I will have to try them with the grand-kids soon. They love baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the Pooh Bear Birthday Cookies recipe. It will be interesting to see what you change when you try to make them a little healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the recipe, I never have any luck with cookies, but can make candy fine, don't know what I do to them

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cookies look so yummy! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My grandmother used to make something very like this and she called me Pooh when I was little (after the bear from the books).

    ReplyDelete
  17. My grandson would love these cookies; he loves M&M's!
    nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing. they sound great ill have to try them.Terri's little haven sent me, i'm glad she did

    ReplyDelete