............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Travel Time

We are going on a little vacation! Pooh Bear, Poohs mommy, Grandpa and I are going to visit Sweet Pea and Pumpkin. I am so excited to make this trip. We have not seen our granddaughters since Christmas. I will keep you posted with pictures this week while we travel. It is going to be a long two day trip. Pooh Bear gets motion sick so we will be stopping often. We have learned to stop once an hour for ten to fifteen minutes no less than that.  We have found out the hard way you don't just stop for five minutes then go on. If we do then we had better plan to clean the car, car seat, and any person near Pooh Bears reach. Not, fun at all. We will try to take advantage of his nap. Nap time means no stopping for potty breaks.
Pooh Bear and I made a little lap desk for the car. He loves playing with his little animals, people and cars while we are traveling. I am forever picking up his toys when they fall off his car seat. I usually have to ask him to wait until we stop before I can pick up his favorite toys. So, I helped him make a lap desk out of a coke carton.The high wall should keep his toys contained. He painted with a little help from me. He wanted a road, a pond and some trees for his cars and people. Then he asked for a house so I glued two small boxes for a house and garage. We also glued a cut paper towel roll for a tunnel. I sure hope it keeps him busy. I put a couple layers of mod podge over the paint. I want it to make it through the round trip.

I have packed lots of healthy and easy to eat foods for our trip. No fast food just lots of healthy vegetables, fruits, cheese and a few snacks. I even made some mini apple pies for our dessert.


I invite you to stop by tomorrow for an interesting giveaway posting Friday evening. If you travel with toddlers or small children you will definitely want to enter this up coming giveaway.
Have a great week everyone!

23 comments:

  1. What a good Grandma you are. You make sure everyone is going to eat healthly with no fast food. Good for you!! I don't do fast food at all. My Grandkids will eat it but if I pack them a lunch, they will do that too.

    My Daughter used to get so carsick.... It was horrible. Glad to hear you found a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you make the goodeis they look great i love to make them for when we go on trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute lap desk. I can imagine he will have lots of fun driving through the tunnels. Smart idea to make the side high so his toys can't escape!
    Hope your trip is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm the mini apple pies look so good. I love apple pie my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that is really sweet to take him with you. It is harder to travel with little ones but it is also so much fun. Love the Apple treats you made. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mini apple pies caught my eye. I don't think, as a child, I ever had anyone bake and take such a snake on a trip. How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have fun while you are traveling. I'm so excited for you. I just love the little lap desk you made and now I want apple tarts. RIGHT NOW :/ ha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those mini apple pies are so cute!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lap desk you two made is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy snack for a fun trip! Have a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a good grandma indeed. I wonder what my grandson will remember about me. Not my cookies, pretty sure about that! Too bad. Maybe it's not too late.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, that lap desk. It's nice to see that people are still encouraging creative play instead of just plugging in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas! Love the lap desk and the healthy snack ideas :) You sound like a great grandma!

    matthews.jennifer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love going with the grand kids for a vacation...last year we took 2 of the grandkids 7 &10 swimming with the Mantees in Crystal River, Fl. We took the other 2 grands 8 & 13 to Hershey Park in Hershey PA. Had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those googles look great!
    Mnsanchez15@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea - mini apple pies

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so sweet! I hope you have a great trip. Your yummies look so good -- would you like to adopt me? LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look like great little treats. My family loves apple pie and what a great idea for a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so wonderful of you to take the grandchild on vacation. I want the apple pie dessert recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea, and mini apple pies looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! the sweet of mini apple pies attracts me.

    ReplyDelete