............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Monday, February 18, 2013

Paleo Cut Out (Sugar) Cookies

As promised I am sharing my new Paleo cookie recipe I have been working on. It took a few practice batches for me to get the cookies the right texture and taste. They are not as sweet as regular sugar cookies. The almond flour gives these cookies a semi sweet nutty taste.
Paleo Cut Out Cookies

Ingredients:
2 Cups Almond Meal Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/8 Cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
1/8 Cup Coconut Sugar ( or other sweetener such as honey or mayple syrup)
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
Arrowroot Flour as needed.

Preheat oven to 350F. Warm honey and coconut oil in a double boiler. In a medium bowl add the melted honey, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla, mix well. In a separate bowl mix together almond flour, baking soda and sea salt  Combine the dry and wet ingredients together mixing well. If the dough is very wet add a little arrowroot flour until the dough forms a wet ball. The dough will be wet and a little sticky. This is the character of almond meal. It does not absorb moister as well as wheat flour. Wrap the dough in cling wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 min. Once the dough has become firm it will roll easily. Roll the dough between two sheets of cling wrap or parchment paper. Then cut with desired cookie cutters. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 min. until edges are lightly browned.  I used small cookie cutters and got 20 cookies. 

This is a batch I made in my crock pot. You can read about Crock Pot Cookies here. Have you whipped up any special or healthy recipes lately?

11 comments:

  1. Now that you've posted the recipe, I'm going to have to make a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds GREAT ---and OH SO HEALTHY!!!!! Thanks for the recipe.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just right up my alley for my new diet. I am going to save this recipe. They look really good to me, but then I don't get cookies very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat to go... I'm guessing that these cookies are delicious....printing this recipe or my files..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really great and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so much about the Paleo diet lately. I've got to try it. Maybe I'll even make these cookies, but not sure my family will go for it. I look forward to reading more of your blog here and will be following you in several places.

    Thank you for linking up at Tuesday’s Thoughtful Comments. I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you’ll come back next week to link up your awesome blog post. Have A Happy Day.
    Kim at Mommie…Again

    http://www.mommieagain.com/2013/02/tuesdays-thoughtful-comments-blog-hop_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound tempting! You can make cookies in a crock pot? That is new to me--hum-----

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something new to me. Since I am dieting, maybe it's good I found you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you posted this recipe, and... I love using my crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe! They look good.

    ReplyDelete