............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Monday, June 3, 2013

Greek Spaghetti

I am not a fan of Spaghetti with red sauce. As I have gotten older I just can not eat anything with tomatoes in it. When my husband makes spaghetti he always puts aside a serving or two of the spaghetti noodles undressed for me. I usually doctor the plain pasta with butter, garlic and shredded cheddar cheese. Today I decided to try something different. I had a lot of salad vegetables left over from our family picnic yesterday.
I dressed the spaghetti pasta with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. I mixed in chopped purple onions, sliced olives, diced green and yellow peppers. I then topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and some crumbled feta cheese.

When I made this dish I did not even know there was a dish named Greek Spaghetti. I started searching spaghetti recipes and found a recipe for Greek Spaghetti.  The recipe I found was a lot like what I made. But they added lots of other ingredients like tomatoes, meat and other vegetables. 

I really enjoyed having spaghetti for a change. What do you think? Does that look tasty? Do you like spaghetti or another pasta dish?

7 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Greek Spaghetti but it sure looks and sounds really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Greek Spaghetti sounds delicious... We have alot of dishes with spaghetti or fettucini. There's a good one with fish --like salmon... I guess there are many dishes with spaghetti without tomato sauce.. Good Luck finding more --but I'll bet you have the Greek dish again!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasta is one of my favorites. Like you, I don't care for the red sauce. Your recipe looks so delicious...always on the look out for new recipes using pasta and not red sauce - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. I don't mind red sauce but might have to try Greek spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds and looks really good. I don't like regular spaghetti either. I feel like I am choking it down when we make it but my family loves it. I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete