............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Monday, July 25, 2011

Toddler Motion Sickness


Magical Mouse Schoolhouse



Ok, We need some help or rather Pooh Bear my 20 month old grand son needs help.
Pooh Bear travels often with his family. The last couple months when traveling more than 40 minutes in a car he gets sick. Not just a little. He vomits every where! It is terrible for him. We keep extra clothing, water, wipes, bags, blankets and towels in the car. We tried traveling at night and stopping often. We tried feeding him a light meal 30 minutes before traveling.  We adjusted his car seat to different heights. We moved him from the middle to the side and back to the middle.
If anyone has an idea what might help please leave a comment. We will be traveling again this weekend.
I want to make him as comfortable as possible and we are out of ideas. 

14 comments:

  1. Poor little guy, I didn't know toddlers could get motion sickness. I hope you guys find a solution? Thanks for checking out my blog - I'm a new follower of yours too. I would love to try your lemon ice recipe - it sounds so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely don't give him any milk for a while before and during the trip. Milk/formula can upset the tummy. Hope something works, a sick baby can make everyone miserable on a trip. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 18 month old has been having the same problem. The only thing that seems to work for her is a combination of turning the car seat so it's facing forward and putting it in the middle, and using toddler SeaBands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting the seat in the middle helps, opening the window for fresh air, and not giving him any toys. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post as always!
    May I ask you a favor...I have send you a mail a while ago...please, check it..:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same thing happened to my daughter. It did get better when we turned her seat around (she was about 17 months) and she could look out the front of the car. Anytime she looks out the side windows, it still happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope he grows out of it. Maybe you can put on some sort of glasses that have side blinders. Here is a website for motion sick glasses but they won't be available yet. http://www.ksat.com/health/21729958/detail.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was like that as a kid, and still am. Try using sea bands. They don't involve medication and they really work. I can't travel without them, and my nephew uses them too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My SIL had problems with her kids getting car sick, maybe try some of those motion sick bands...sorry. Maybe even putting him back in a convertible carseat and facing him rearward...
    Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi grandma B, thanks for following me and i'm following you back.

    in hong kong, they sell these anti-vomit bracelets. maybe you can check your local pharmacies? please let me know if you manage to find it or not. if not then i can send it over to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I'm following you back :-) I love the background on your blog, it's so pretty!

    As for Pooh Bear, sorry I have no suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor little thing. Wish I could help :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. if he's already rearward, I would suggest forward as well. Sorry...no fun! Thanks for visiting by my blog as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. we had this problem with my middle daughter and sometimes still do. 1/2 of a children's drammaine 1/2 hour before departing.

    ReplyDelete