............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Pops




While searching for a pudding recipe I came across so many that require the cooking to be done in the microwave. While I don't have a problem using the microwave I really wanted a stove top pudding recipe.
So this is what I came up with.
Chocolate Pudding Pops

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 3/4 cups whole milk( you can substitute low fat)
1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate squares
2 tablespoons butter
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla
In a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir the milk and chocolate in slowly. Constantly continue to stir until chocolate is melted and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks completely. Return to heat and cook  another 2 minutes. Remove from heat add vanilla and butter stirring until incorporated.  
Spoon into paper cups or molds and insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid.  
Dip in warm water to remove from cup or mold. Enjoy!


21 comments:

  1. yum, love chocolate! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's like getting two recipes in one. ;-) This is one of the pleasures of childhood. Love chocolate pudding cups. Yum. Thank you for participating and linking back to Joy of Desserts.
    (I'm following you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look GOOD!

    Dropping in for a follow back, thanks from coming!

    http://talkitychristian.blogspot.com/

    PS: Blog Hop for Wednesday is up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for this hot summer! Love pops :)
    Thank you for a sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look delicious! i can't wait to have a few free minutes to poke around your blog a little more!! thanks for stopping by - i'm returning the follow. have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - Thanks for stopping by my bloggy:) Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and following Frazzled Mama. I'm following you back.

    These are my favorite. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boys would love those! Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit and follow! I am following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY goodness gracious - these sound like they are TO DIE FOR!!!!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I made these I would probably eat the whole batch! I love anything chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for pudding pops...they totally remind me of being a kid. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have done a wonderful job.
    The best blog i have ever read.
    Nice blog on chocolate molds.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keep sharing more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Chocolate pudding...what can be better? Nothing :D Personally, I've never tried making pudding in microwave and freezing it sounds pretty interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would a pudding mix work? For some reason, I got some because it was on sale and now I found your new recipe.
    adriana(dot)grillo(at)live(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect for the summer coming up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks, this looks & sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun and yummy. I love cooked chocolate pudding. I eat it while it's hot so it would never make it to the freezer lol. However, I could make 2 batches and we could eat one hot and freeze the other. Sounds like a great plan to me. Yummy thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the recipe. I printed it for my daughter to make. She loves making things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love anything with chocolate > Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. These Pudding Pops caught my eye real quick. I absolutely know that my family (husband included) will love to try these. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete