............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cake Decorating: Snow White Icing

The following is a recipe for Snow White Butter Cream Icing used for Wedding cakes. So far in our tutorials we have made Decorators Butter Cream Icing and Royal Icing. Snow White Butter Cream Icing is what most decorators use if they need an all white cake.

I used the Snow White Butter Cream Icing on this Wedding cake. 

Snow White Icing
Ingredients
2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons water
1/4 cup meringue powder
12 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 1/4 cups solid vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon no color almond extract
3/4 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon no color butter flavor

Makes about 7 cups icing.
In a large mixing bowl combine 2/3 cup water and meringue powder. Whip on high speed until peaks form. Add 4 cups sugar one at a time while mixing at low speed. The icing will be stiff. Add remaining sugar, 3 tablespoons of water, shortening and corn syrup one at a time while mixing at low speed.  Blend well after each addition. Add salt and flavorings blend until smooth. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using. 
Next week I will share a White Cream Cheese Icing for general every day use.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful cake! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My!! Your cake is spectacular!! I bet someone was very pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so good........ Adorable and perfect.

    Just love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for something to take to the potluck tonight. Do you have a cake sitting around I could pick up??

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely gorgeous. I've always wanted to do cake decorating, however I've tried and tried and I just don't have what it takes. I'll just have to enjoy everyone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful cake and thanks for the icing recipe - makes a lot! lol
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome recipe! I'll definitely be trying this one out! Thanks

    ReplyDelete