............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hair Styling Protection



I color my hair about every 3 months. I have been doing this for a long time. My hair has become dry and a little dull. When I was given the opportunity to review this ANTIOXIDANT Leave in Protectant by Shielo I jumped right in. This hair spray is made to protect color treated hair from styling instruments, the environment and UV light. It is great for eliminating frizz and leaves hair feeling soft. It is Paraben free and made with organic extracts. This is a list of the key ingredients straight from the website.

"UV Protectants and natural antioxidants from White Tea enhance color protection. Shea Butter adds a protective moisture barrier to seal the hair shaft. Wheat Crosspolymer creates an invisible safety net around each hair to shield color, increase flexibility and reduce breakage." My hair needs all this help.

I used the ANTIOXIDANT Leave in Protectant for over a week. So far and I really like the result. I am always worried about hair sprays leaving my hair stiff or sticky. This spray left my hair soft and easy to brush. Before I used this spray I checked out the scent. It is important that any product I use not bother my asthma. The scent was strong for a few minutes and it left me thinking of coconut. I am not saying it smells like coconut but it was a very similar scent. The most important result it did not bother my breathing at all.


What did I like about the product? I like that it is made with organic extracts, not sticky and made in the USA. I like the product enough to continue using it regularly.
What did I not like about the product? Nothing comes to mind. It's a great styling product.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I have probably colored my hair for 30 some years now. I started when I was in my late 20s because I seen one little grey hair. I told everyone I would never be grey. So far I am sticking to that.

    My hair has been very dry lately too. Not sure why but I need to try some of this leave in protectant.

    https://twitter.com/#!/CandidaJourney/status/183171234635333632

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review. I don't like sticky hairspray either, I've worn hairspray in the past but it rained on me once and I looked terrible. I could lift one piece of hair and all of my hair lifted with it, one big matted mess, that broke me of using hairspray ha. This product is super, I've been using it myself and I love the no frizz in rainy weather which I can vouch for these past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love trying new hair products :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, I have the same problem with my hair, would love to try this, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete