............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Storyland Yoga For Kids(DVD)

When I first applied to review the Storyland Yoga DVD I was wondering what yoga for young children would be like. I was not sure a three year old would want to follow along with a yoga instructor on a DVD. First thing I did when the DVD arrived in the mail was to try it our right then and there. I popped it into the player and waited to see what Pooh Bears response would be. He was busy with puzzles at the time. It took about a minute and Pooh Bear was on the floor following along with the other children in the DVD.
I really like the way yoga is introduced to young children on this DVD. The instructor tells a story to the children and the children follow along participating in the story. The first story is a Condor Trek. The children imitate animals while learning yoga poses. The second story is Save the Whale. Pooh Bear love this story. I had to replay it twice for him. I wanted to help save the whale. the entire time the DVD was playing Pooh Bear was exercising with out realising it.

Just a little more about the DVD. Storyland Yoga is for children 3-8 years old. I think it even might be suitable for children a little older perhaps if played in a group setting. The Storyland Yoga for Kids is an award winning DVD. Awards include  Parent’s Choice Approved, Mom’s Choice Gold,Dr. Toy’s Best Green Product and Creative Child Magazine “Preferred Choice.
What did I like about this product? I like that the packaging is made from 100% recycled material. The story teaches childern to be eco-conscious. It's a fun way to get exercise.
Click to learn more about yoga for kids
To learn more about the company visit playfulplanet.com

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun!! My girls would love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do yoga!!! I need to begin like a kid would because I know nothing about it. I am going to check this out for my Grandson and maybe he will let me do it with him.

    I think most of us need to learn more about protecting nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that they will really do it. I will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat. I'm trying to teach the grands to be eco-conscious so I'm sure this would come in handy as well as getting them to exercise.

    ReplyDelete