............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Birds, Boys, Bridges And More

First off I really need to invest in a good camera. My little point and shoot is fine for every day use but it is not good for getting long distance closeups. That being said I have been watching all the bird that come to our pond to drink and bathe. I have seen so many beautiful birds I wanted to get dome pictures. Well, I tried getting up close and simply can not with out chasing them away. So the best I could do was snap a few photos from a distance. They are not the best but I think they will do.
I believe this is an Northern Cardinal. He has been stopping by every day. I am wondering where he is nesting. 
I am guessing totally on this one. I have been doing some research and I believe this is an American Goldfinch. I saw about seven or eight of these pretty little birds hanging out in our apple tree. If you can identify either bird with these terrible pictures let me know in a comment. 

Over the last few days we have been building a bridge by our pond. Keep in mind we have no carpentry skills and certainly no bridge making skills. We used wood from an old pallet and some left over wood from our deck project. 
While we were our working on our bridge Little Bug wanted to help. Moving all that dirt was hard work and loads of help. 
Our bridge has a few little details left to finish but our grandchildren can now feed the fish with out falling into the water. What do you think?

That is Pooh Bear and Little Roo. They sure are growing up fast. They are going to be visiting with us this week. I may not be blogging much while they visit. 
You had to know this was coming. I could not forget my granddaughters. Pumpkin and Sweet Pea. They are  my little princesses. I hope you all have a great week. I will be back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! I always look forward to seeing the kids on your blog. They are such sweeties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your grandchildren. They are all adorable!!!!!!

    I'm impressed with your bridge... You all did such a great job... Looks 'professional' to me!!!!!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little bridge Bonnie!! I bet the G Kids are thrilled with it.... speaking of ...The kids look like they are growing up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you had a good helper for your bridge! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful shots, I've never seen a cardinal (they aren't in my region.) You helped me see one, thank you for that! I love returning to your blog because your posts always make me feel at peace. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bridge is marvelous! It looks so inviting. There's nothing like a little boy with his shovel to help get the job done...he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete