............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Do You Know About Link Farms?

I have been reading a lot of information about blogging and how to help my blog get a higher ranking in Google page rankings. The first thing I learned while blogging is linking up to other sites can help move your blog up higher in the search engines. What I did not know is if you link your blog to a Link Farm you might  hurt your ratings and may even make your rating fall. This is the definition  of a Link Farm on Wikipedia's , a link farm is any group of web sites that all hyperlink to every other site in the group. Although some link farms can be created by hand, most are created through  automated programs and services. A link farm is a form of spamming the index of a search engine (sometimes called Spamdexing or spamexing). So, my next Question was, How can I tell if a site is a link Farm? I had to search a little deeper for an answer. I did not find a direct answer to my question but in a round about way I have a better understanding of what to watch out for. If you would like more information check out this article at About.com I wish you all the best in your blogging adventures.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for alerting me to this. I'd never heard of a link farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, thanks for the info. That's a catch 22. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. Thank you. Hate to say, I may have linked up to a link farm in the past and never knew it... ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for alerting us! I will watch out for this! Enjoy you vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that is a good piece of information. I think I have fallen prey to linkfarming!
    Thanks for the info.
    Stopping by from VB and have a great holiday.
    http://theorganicblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never have heard of that. Thanks for the information. I love Voiceboks and MomBloggersclub. I will read the article to see what to stay away from

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if Link2Me is a link farm. I wouldn't think so because both sites have to mutually agree to link up and I'm picky about who I link up with. But I better check just to be sure. Thanks for sharing, now I'm stressing ha ha.

    ReplyDelete