............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Monday, November 14, 2011

Traveling Nurse

Today was one of those days I had the opportunity to reflect upon the birth of my first granddaughter Pumpkin. I have shared the story of her birth a few months back so I will not go into much detail here today. I attended Pumpkins birth as a Doula and I have so many fond memories about that day.
One of those memories was how all the nurses were so helpful and supportive. There was one nurse in particular that I have not forgotten. She was a traveling nurse. I had heard about Traveling nurses but had not thought much about their career. Through out the day we had the chance to visit a little each time she came in to check on my daughter-in-law. One question I had asked her was, " What made you choose to be a traveling nurse?" She went on to tell me how she had always dreamed of traveling and seeing as much of our country as possible. While she was in nursing school she had learned about a traveling nurses program and made the decision that it would be something to try.
My daughter was also able to be present at Pumpkins birth since she was on break from nursing school. My daughter thought the idea of being a traveling nurse was something she might think about. I knew the opportunity to meet this registered nurse and talk about the travel program might influence my daughters plans for her future.
I do have to say I think Travel Nursing programs are wonderful and can be a great opportunity for registered nurses and Licensed practical nurses who want to travel the country. There are many benefits of being a traveling nurse from building skills, free housing, to the great pay. What more could someone ask for?
On a side note, my daughter decided not to become a traveling nurse. She got married right after she became a RN and a year later had Pooh Bear.
All events in this story are true.


8 comments:

  1. It is such a novle profesion..nurse;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! Oh, I've never heard of a traveling nurse but it sounds like a great opportunity for a nurse. You were so blessed to be at your little grandchild's birth. I see those four cute little bums on your header - darling.
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sister In Law is what we call a visiting nurse. She loves getting to meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was such a job as a traveling nurse. I can see how it would be fun for a single person, but difficult for a married person.

    Love the nicknames of your g-kids!
    Happy Holidays Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire traveling nurses. To be able to go from place to place not knowing anyone would be something that I'm not sure I would enjoy. The traveling I would ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool. There's so much I forgot about the birth! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your a Douala and your daughter is a RN? Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you are full of surprises today. And I think it is extremely difficult for nurses these day. Great profession though. sandie

    ReplyDelete