............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stubborn, Old Dad

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes
My father is getting really old, and he is so stubborn. I would really like it if he would come and live with my husband and I, but he refuses. We have also talked to him about going to a retirement community, but he doesn’t want to do that either. We know he is in good shape for his age, but we worry about him being all alone in that big house of his. If something happens to him, it might take us hours to find out. We’re also scared that he might be targeted for theft because of his age. My husband and I checked out http://www.homesecurity101.com/ and then tried to convince dad that a home alarm system was a good idea for him. He was hesitant, but finally agreed to let us install it if we paid for the monthly service. I am so happy he finally agreed to one of our suggestions. I was really starting to feel like a terrible daughter. At least now I’ll have some peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong the police will be called out.

7 comments:

  1. Great guest post. Elderly can be so stubborn, I know, I am the elderly. But I do know how important having home security is. I wish Gladys would pay my monthly bill hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this too and I hope I never ever get that way. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the security alarm system was really the best solution for everyone involved. This way, grandfather's pride won't be hurt and his daughter can be sure that if anything happens, her dad will get immediate help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, I know my parents are 76 & 78 and it seems like they get more hard headed every day, they are set in their ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worry about my husband's elderly parents too. We do have an alarm system there though and you are right that it adds peace of mind a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think every child of aging parents dreads the time when they have to overstep the parent/child line and become the caregiver. I'm glad you at least have the alarm system to help monitor your dad's well being.

    ReplyDelete