............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mom and Baby Shampoo Free Of Phthalate and Sodium Laurl Sulfate


Have you heard about Susan Brown's Baby Natural Skin Care Products? I am always on the look out for safe bath products to use on my grandchildren. Two of my grandchildren have been diagnosed with eczema and a third with sensitive skin. With all their skin problems we are very careful what bath care products we use on them. When I received the package from Susan Brown's Baby in the mail last week I was so thrilled.
I hope you can read this label.

Tear Free, PH Balanced, Paraben Free and Phthalate Free! With all this free it is very gentle on baby's skin. We have used this at Pooh Bear's bath time all week. The scent is light and refreshing. It does not have that heavy baby powder scent . I tried to compare it to a scent that one would recognize. The best I can compare it to would be a light herbal flowery scent. The body wash foams well. It is creamy and very soothing to ones skin.
Susan Brown's Baby Natural Skin Care for Baby and Mom has many skin care products available to purchase. My package had a lot of samples that came along with the shampoo and body wash.

I received for review:
Sensitive Baby Foaming Shampoo & Body Wash
All Purpose Botanical Gelée (sample alternative to petroleum jelly)
Lotion-to-Powder (sample)
Sensitive Baby Nourishing Lotion (sample)
Moisturizing Hand sanitizer (sample)
Diaper Therapy Cream (sample)
Just for Mom Stretch Therapy Warming Masque (sample)

What product did I like the most? The All Purpose Botanical Gelée became my immediate favorite. I actually used the entire sample over this week. I used it every night before bed on my dry itchy hands. I will be buying this product in the future. I did not try the hand sanitizer as I am a soap and water kind of gal. I did try the Lotion_to_Powder. This is a great product. I do not like applying powder to my grandchildren even though it does help with prickly heat. Dusting powders irritate my breathing. The Lotion-to-Powder really was nice to apply and there was no dusty particles in the air. We have not had to try the Diaper Therapy Cream yet. I am sure it will be very useful when the new baby arrives. I will let you know what I think of it in the near future. That also goes for the Just for Mom stretch Therapy Warming Masque. When my daughter starts getting stretch marks as the baby grows I am sure she will be happy to try this product. 


What do I like about the products? They are made in USA, They contain no animal products, and used no animal testing.
What did I not like about the products? I really can't think of anything.

To learn more about these awesome skin care products visit Susan Brown's Baby.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

18 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post and well discussed baby shampoo,these type of baby products are essential in daily life and parents should buy hygienic and good quality products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until I discovered I had candida, I didn't know how important it was to use products that are free of Free Of Phthalate and Sodium Laurl Sulfate, especially on the little ones. I guess I learned late in life, but better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I really like that the Tear Free is Paraben Free. There has been some research that shows Parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen, which is known to play a role in the development of breast cancers. With the skin issues my kids have I have to be very careful. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy B (on rc/fb) ~ thanks for adding to my inventory of more natural products with this review... Constantly on the look out for new and interesting products that don't contain all the junk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great post. Both my daughter and I struggle with skin issues (eczema, etc). It can be difficult to find products that are safe and non-irritating to our sensitive skin. It's nice to see that more and more companies are making a conscious effort to remove chemicals and other unnatural ingredients from their products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great review. Thank you for sharing all of these fantastic products. I use too much hand sanitize and soap and water lol. It's a habit from working at the doctors office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your informative review. I appreciate USA made products and also that they are so skin friendly. Now you've got me curious about their scent...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Products like this are for grown ups too. My mother had such sensitive skin so we were always on the alert for toxic products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am looking for products without harmful ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love that they are finally making things to help with all this stuff kids have suffered with for years. Most the time they have only one product and it's expensive. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mommy's Memorandum sent me to your blog. I'm a big believer in non-toxic products, especially for children. This was a great post, & I appreciate the detailed review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always in search of products that are made in the USA and animal friendly. I will give these a try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sorry to hear about your grandkids eczema..so glad you have found products that work for their sensitive skin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not heard of this particular brand before, but I am all for chemical free products for kids. I will be giving this one a try soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless you. Thanks for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing. It is so hard to find good products that are actually gentle on the skin, especially for babies and young children. I couldn't imagine having a young child suffering from something like excema and not knowing of any products that I could use to help them. how heart breaking that would be! And the fact that they are made in the USA and do not harm animals just lets you know it's a good company to support

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love trying new products and the packaging plays a big role in choosing what to try at the store. I would definitely pick this product up, the packaging is so darn cute

    ReplyDelete