............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Working Toward A Sustainable Lifestyle

I have been thinking for a long while now on how our family can get back to a more sustainable living situation. It would be nice to be able to depend on our garden for most of our fruits and vegetables. We even have a plan to add a couple dairy goats and a few laying hens in the future. Our plan is to start out slowly with a few easy projects. Our first project this year is putting in a Back To Eden Garden. (which is well on its way.) We have also started composting. Recycling is second nature for me and the hubby. We have been reusing, recycling and repurposing most of our lives. One of the biggest changes we are making is reducing consumption. We are looking for ways to reduce our energy and water usage. This will go a long way in helping us to live a sustainable lifestyle. As I find ways to reduce our energy and water consumption I will be writing about it on my blog. I hope to share some eco friendly project ideas and maybe learn something from my readers along the way.

2 comments:

  1. We chose a Back to Eden method this year as well. Only I only got half the garden completely done. The other half has 3 layers, not four. I ran out of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way our world is, I think a sustainable lifestyle might just be the way to go. Can't wait to hear all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete