............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Friday, October 21, 2011

Soft Sugar Cookies

We made soft cut out sugar cookies today. They turned out amazing. We made them in shapes because Pooh bear is learning to identify basic shapes. I thought it would be a fun learning experience. We did not frost them because it would be way too much sugar for Pooh Bear to eat.

Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup soft margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (I used 1 and  1/2 tsp)
1 cup sour cream
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl mix together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.  Wrap dough and chill at least 2 to 3 hours or over night. 
Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut into shapes. Place shapes on a cookie sheet.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Cool and enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Soft sugar cookies are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to save this one for Christmas cookies!!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the recipe I used to use. It was sooooo good. I don't eat sugar any longer so no more sugar cookies for me, unless I find a good tasting recipe using stevia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shapes are a great idea, I'm going to have to use this idea on Abby soon. They look so yummylicious. I haven't had a sugar cookie in way too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed a delicious and educational way for the little ones to learn about shapes! And fun too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun. I am posting a sugar cookie post too! It was fun. The shapes are great. I should have looked at your post before I did mine. I didn't think of doing shapes. I can make more though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! How old is Pooh Bear? I wonder if my Little Bit is old enough to do this? He is 21 months old. Thanks for sharing. I love the picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweet little face is worth a thousand cookies! You are creating such wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete