............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Forgive Me My Friend

On Sunday evening I had this lovely thought of posting about a tasty bread recipe I baked Sunday morning. I was all excited I remembered to take a few pictures and everything. So, I sit down and insert the camera media card into my favorite (only) computer. I patiently waited after all my computer is about 3 years old and has gotten a little slow to respond to my commands. Well, I waited and nothing. I tried and tried to get the computer to read this little card. I even tried to manually open the card reader. The icon was missing. When I ran a search nothing came up. Oh, just my luck.I restarted the computer. Still now icon and it would not read the card. I restored to an eairlier date. It finally read the card. Yay!! I was dancing and a little too proud. Next, I try to sign in to Google Chrome. I get his lovely message on the screen.
view details
 NO files found! Please reinstall. Ok, just reinstall, I can do that no problem. I reinstall. Same message again. Well now I am mad! I delete Google chrome and reinstall that should do the trick. It's now midnignt. No such luck to be had. I go to bed.
Monday evening after a long day with Pooh Bear. I decide I will up grade my Vista to Windows 7. I have had the windows 7 cd for over a year to upgrade my computer. What stopped me was I have not backed up my files. I am smart enough to know I could loose all my photos if I do not back them up. Like, that has never happened to me. Haha, not again anyway.
Broken computer showing its parts on a repair table

I read all the instructions and followed them to the last period. The instructions said it might take several hours. Once started you can't stop the download or you loose everything. After four hours of sitting and babysitting my computer. You see the program said it would stop at certain points and prompt me with more instructions. Such as stop the download. Reinstall this driver and restart the computer and then start the download again. That is what I did until one am. Then I took my computer to bed. I did! Yes, I did. Well, actually I put it on the night stand. With the instruction book and pen and paper. Once it gave an instruction and I closed the window I had to remember the steps. There for pen and paper. I climed in bed with this blue light shining brightly in my eyes. If there is one thing I need when I sleep its pitch black. I love the dark. I draw the blanket over my head and try to get a few minutes of shut eye. I had to respond each time it beeped and I crossed my fingers I was not so blury eyed that I would mess the whole thing up.  

Businessman sleeping on his desk in front of his computer
Some time around 11:30 am my computer was finished installing the windows 7 and I again was happy for a few minutes. It is sad to say I have tried mutiple time to install my favorite Google Chrome back to where it belongs with no luck. I am certain my computer is on its last leg. It is slow to respond and as I am typing I am miles ahead of the print. I should have taken better care of my dear friend. You bet if I can get it back to a resembelence of its past I promiss to make amends.

If my computer had a response to my promiss it would be:

view details

My dear friends if I am slow to visit my favorite blogs, at least you know why. Have a great week!
P.S. Internet Explorer is driving me crazy! : (

15 comments:

  1. Aw that is so sad.
    I'm sorry about your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your computer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that is horrible! I know because I have been there more than a few times. It can be so frusterating! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that so frustrating?!? I've had a multitude of technology problems lately. I keep asking myself, "Isn't technology supposed to make our lives easier?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something similar happened to me and I managed to install it. Now, Firefox is giving me attitude :(
    adriana(dot)grillo(at)live(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh computers! I used to keep a hammer near by (to show that bad-boy who's really in charge) because I heard a comedian say that's how to "fix" appliances that act up... I stopped doing that when the urge to actually USE the hammer got too strong! We have a "family" computer and I have a tablet notebook for all my own stuff. I started having problems with the notebook last year, nothing seems to be compatible with it! I just hate to give it up because I love the tablet part of it!
    Best luck on getting your computer back up to speed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what is going on because my computer is acting up too. We are on our traveling computer so that might be it, but usually it works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how upsetting these error messages can be. You should either take it to the manufacturer to get it looked at or get a new one. There's no way around it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer! Internet Explorer really is intolerable...hope you get your computer problems solved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use Firefox now, and any issues I had with IE are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. computers hate me I have trouble all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lately I am getting lots of error messages I never got before, I am getting so frustrated. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl you are over my head here - sorry! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I'm sorry you have having terrible luck. My computer is not a spring chicken either and I'm praying it will continue to work well for as long as I can keep it going. Computers are not cheap that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete