............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Garden Photos

Just some photos around our home. The first is a pot of spinach plants. These are organic spinach plants that climb. We potted the spinach plants so that we can keep them on our deck. They are supposed to climb the deck rails.
This is part of the mini farm project. The lettuce is doing wonderful.
Last, our apple tree beside the koi pond. It is full of green apples that are hiding in the leaves. 

I hope you all had a great hump day! It's all down hill from here.

10 comments:

  1. I like the idea of your pots on the patio, and your lettuce looks luscious! Your apple tree and koi pond look like such a peaceful place to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of my plants on the back porch this year and plan on more for next year. I have to check into the climbing spinach plant. I thought spinach grew like lettuce. I never planted it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these edible gardens? This is so cool. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this kind of spinach. Interesting and neat that you will have it growing up on your porch.
    I too have a few veggies in pots this summer. It's nice to have them.
    Hope your doing good.
    I love it when you can come by for a visit.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos... Love your apple tree and pond... I'd be sitting out there under that tree ALOT....

    Good Luck with your veggies... Bet they do well..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden! I hope everything fares well. I've had a lot of trouble from squash bugs this year :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks great! I love the idea of having the pots on your patio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice pics. I like the tree it's doing very well considering what it went through in it's early years. hehe. Peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful I wish I had a yard to do something with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some beautiful photos and plants. I've never tried to grow spinach what a cool idea to grow it on your deck.

    ReplyDelete