............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Friday, July 27, 2012

Mail Order Ducklings

I have raised day old chicks in the past. I ordered my chicks from a mail order hatchery many years ago. Since then we incubate and hatch all of our chicks. I have been seriously thinking about raising ducklings. I have been looking to find ducks for sale in our area and have not had much luck. While doing a little research online I thought about looking at the same place I found my chickens for sale. They actually had a big variety of ducks. While I do a little research about raising ducks I will be in touch with California Hatchery to discuss with an expert on what type of ducklings would fit our needs. With fall fast approaching I intend to gain as much knowledge about raising ducklings and be read for our order. It is important to be ready in time for spring as that is the best time for hatching and raising ducklings. They will have plenty of time to grow strong before next years winter.  My plan to buy ducks will be one of the more interesting events around here come spring. I will keep you updated as we get our first ducklings.
I think mail ordering chicks and ducklings is such a fantastic way to start a great hobby. The shipping is fast and does not harm the animals. I have never had a problem with any of my mail order chicks. So if you have ever been interested in trying to raise any of these adorable animals this is the way to go. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow that is really neat. I'm going to see what types they have. We have more ducks than anyone I know. I love watching them swim and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't wait. You better post lots of cute duckling pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! We do chicks every year. We have some laying hens and also do fryers once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have to keep us informed how it goes! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool and I didn't even know you could do this! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here a duck, there a duck, everywhere a duck, duck... Grandma Bonnie had a farm.... Well you know the rest.

    ReplyDelete