............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Vegetable Banana Muffins

Are you looking for a great way to a great way to use your garden vegetables? These vegetable muffins make it easy to get vegetables in your child's diet.  
Zucchini/Banana Veggie Muffins

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste

2 large bananas, mashed

5 ounces squash cooked

2 zucchini grated

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup all-purpose flour a little more or less

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini muffin cups.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, zucchini, and eggs. Stir in the flour amount depends upon how wet your ingredients are. Add oatmeal, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.


I hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. I have always heard of using zucchini in breads, but have never tried it...Your muffins look so good!!
    I'm a muffin kind of gal.
    Blessings,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made zucchini bread today, but I am going to try these next week. These look so good!!

    I like seeing oatmeal in them and I will substitute the brown sugar with xylitol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not thought about these kind of muffins. They look good. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those looks so good. We didn't plant zucchini but they sell it at the Farmer's Market. The Mr. don't like it but I bet he would never know they were in the muffins ;).

    ReplyDelete