............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Becoming a Tax Preparer

Have you ever thought of becoming a paid tax preparer. I have often filled out and filed my own taxes and other family members taxes. I really had a good understanding on how the tax system worked. As time has passed on and with tax rules changing we found ourselves having to pay others to prepare our taxes.  I have come to the conclusion I am spending far too much money having others prepare our taxes. I am thinking about taking a income tax course that would allow me to prepare not only our taxes but also family members taxes. I do not plan on charging a fee to do this. I just want to help ourselves and our family with the cost of tax preparation.
I have not thought too much about getting tax preparer certification. I just think it would be a great service to my family and even help our friends at church. We have many elderly friends that could use help in preparing their taxes.
I have even discussed this with my youngest son who is working his way through college. I mentioned how preparing taxes might just be a great side job for him. He could take the classes with me. I could probably use a little help on my home work. Of course he declined my offer. It probably would have been a little stressful for him to take a class with his mom. Lol, I had to try though.

3 comments:

  1. My Hubs does our taxes and my Daughters boyfriend has a business doing peoples taxes. He makes good money at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until my mom retired she worked during tax season doing everyone's taxes. It would be a great side income, I should really consider trying to learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and I paid nearly $175 for our taxes to be done and I just about fell out of my chair when I heard the price! That is WAY to much money for a simple tax return. I'm seriously thinking about taking a course myself so I can save money

    ReplyDelete