............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Painting A Kitchen Counter

Here I go again! My kitchen is coming along. At least I think I am getting to the point where I am going to enjoy working in my kitchen again. since I thought about painting my floor I have been looking for more budget friendly make overs for my kitchen. Then I saw painted counter tops on Pinterest.

 
 
 
 

What do you think? Should I try this? If I don't like the results I might be able to get new counter tops! Am I getting a little too brave?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... I think that painting your floors makes a lot of sense, but the countertops seems a bit riskier - because you spend so much time looking at and using them. But if you don't mind buying new countertops if you don't like it, then I guess it's a fine thing to try.
    lajohnson555 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have paint just for counters and I have been thinking about doing the one in my bathroom. It is so outdated and UGLY. If something is already ugly, how can you make it worse? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of painting counter tops until now. Not sure how that works but would be interesting to try I think. I would have to practice on an old counter top before trying it on mine though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would not hurt to try. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up my photo of my counters! Just wanted to say it's been 4+ years and they are holding up just fine. It's all in the sealer ;) Use EnviroTex which is what bars and restaurants use to seal things into their bartops & tabletops (coins, photos, etc). It's made for heavy use :)
    Good Luck!
    -Kristi
    Creative Kristi

    ReplyDelete