............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Friday, September 7, 2012

Painting A Kitchen Floor

I have been redecorating my kitchen this past two weeks. I have started by painting the cupboards. I am now painting the walls. I have been pondering what to do with the floor. We have plans to replace the floor in a few years. In the mean time I would like a fresh look. I mentioned our floor dilemma to my daughter. She told me I should paint the floor! Hmmm, now that  I started thinking about it I can vaguely remember my father painting our bathroom floor.
I googled painted kitchen floors and checked out Pinterest. The idea is starting to grow on me.
I found some nice ideas on Pinterest to share with you.

This one is a favorite.
 
 
 
 
 
I like pattern and color of this floor.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




I just am not sure of the color or pattern  I would be happy with. Any suggestions? Have you painted a kitchen floor?

15 comments:

  1. Painting a floor?! Now that's something I never thought about. Those floors are so attractive. Hmm, now that I think about it, I have seen wooden floors in older homes painted, but not with designs. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your inspiration pictures! I never thought about painting a kitchen floor, but it does make some sense. To me, these pictures look like it's both modern, but also a bit retro. I really like it!
    lajohnson555 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sandie,
      I love the second floor also. I wish I had painted my cupboards a lighter color then I could paint the floor like that.

      Delete
  4. These floors are all so pretty but I really really love the turquoise bathroom floor. The designs are beautiful plus I have white cabinets with silver handles so it would go perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never painted a floor.... well, I have painted our basement floor but just slapped the paint on.

    I hope you show pictures of the floor after it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan to. I forgot to take pictures before I started painting the cupboards. I am hoping to remember when I move everything and start the floor to take some photos.

      Delete
  6. Following GFC

    Can't wait to see your pictures. In Las Vegas, they paint a lot of the floors, sidewalks etc. Not in the nice patterns you showed above, but it is still nice.

    I wonder how you keep it from getting worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never painted a floor....I think I would be too scared too! Hope you post the pictures of your floor when you are done...would love to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only floor I've painted is the garage but I want to paint the bedroom floors upstairs.
    Will look forward to seeing yours when it's done !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember once a really neat painted floor of concrete I saw in a restaurant. It was red and had a marble look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never painted a floor before but I do love the last one- black and white check.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am such a chicken, I don't think I could ever do this! A friend recently painted her dining room, it looks fabulous! I also don't think I have the patience for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these floors are Gorgeous, my favorite is the floors done by houseofturquoise.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete