............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chocolate NuStevia

NuNaturals has a new product that I have been trying this week. It's Alcohol Free Chocolate NuStevia. With Christmas fast approaching. I wanted to make some sugar free treats for my grandchildren that would make them feel like they are getting sweets just like their little friends. I decided to make some meringue cookies.
This recipe is very simple and easy to make. The meringues come out light and fluffy.
Ingredients
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
1/2 cup white sugar 1/4 cup PreSweet Tagatose(also from NuNaturals)
8 drops Alcohol Free Chocolate NuStevia
Directions
Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in a large glass or metal mixing bowl until soft peaks form. This does take a little time. Gradually add the PreSweet Tagatose and Chocolate NuStevia. Be very careful to add the sweeteners slowly. Beat until stiff peaks form. Drop by spoonful on to baking sheets. Bake 1 1/2 hours until dry. Turn off oven and let sit until cool. Do not remove from oven until completely cool.
The above recipe can be changed up for the holiday season. My first batch went so quickly I did not get a picture. I made a second batch with Peppermint NuStevia Liquid instead of the Chocolate NuStevia. I also added one drop each of green and red food coloring to the meringue.

You can also substitute any one or more of these NuStevia flavors for the Chocolate NuStevia.
Lemon, orange or vanilla NuStevia liquids. Turns out my favorite flavor is Peppermint NuStevia Liquid.

Disclaimer: I received the above mentioned products from NuNaturals to facilitate the creation of the above recipe and for product review purposes. 


4 comments:

  1. Well those flavors sound good - just stopping by to say hello and have a great Thanksgiving. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the peppermint NuStevia. I put it in my tea too.

    ReplyDelete