............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Cleaning Part Two

Well, my spring cleaning week is going fairly good. I am still sticking to our one rule. Just in case you haven't read my rule, " If it has not seen the light of day in the last year it's out of here!" It certainly has not been easy parting with so much of my belongings. I have made two trips to the donation box and my husband is going to make a trip to the dump this week. Over all it has been a hard but rewarding week. 
Pictures from my grandsons weekly visit.
 Very serious painter. 
Two brush painting.


We have not started teaching correct pencil grip. That is on our schedule sometime this spring. I did try to teach Little Bug how to hold his scissors and to cut. The photo above looks like he has the correct idea. Unfortunately that was not the case.  He has the will just not getting the open and close motion down yet. If you know a good technique in teaching scissors skills please share with me. It has been ages since I have taught this skill. 
How is your week going? Have you started your spring cleaning? 

11 comments:

  1. I know my Cort still struggles with scissors and he is 3.5. His teacher said part of it is that he is so small (Reid is much larger, even though they are twins). His preschool teacher thinks that his hands are just a little too small to properly master the skill right now, but we still work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooooooooooooo cute! It is spring yet - to clean? lol Hugs, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little boy. He is so lucky to have you ---and having you teaching him is even better. I hate seeing kids sitting in front of the TV all day long...

    Good Luck with your cleaning.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you definitely have an artist in the family....how precious!
    I do love you rule...this is exactly what I need to do...get rid of stuff that has been sitting around..
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I went by your rule.... I don't know if I could part with some of my things.... I do need to give this place a good spring cleaning though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you are sticking to your rule. I'm putting of spring cleaning until we move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie he is. I need to do some spring cleaning and use your rule.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can I start spring cleaning when you keep posting such cute photos to distract me?! (How is that for shifting responsibility?!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks so adorable!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. so, so, so cute! :) and very serious.

    thank you for your comment on my 'blogging' post. really appreciate it. hope google reader will work well for you. takes a little bit of getting used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally did start my Spring cleaning. I started in my Hubs Den that I call the black hole. Things that go into the black hole never see the light of day again. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete