............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Thaw

The last two days have been warm enough to thaw our Koi pond. I was happy to see all the goldfish and Koi come up for a meal. We have got lots of young that survived the winter. I always worry about the small fry when the pond freezes over. I am thankful we did not find any dead fish when the pond thawed. Since the pond is a little over 4 feet deep we don't generally have to worry about it freezing totally. I have only seen it freeze to about three feet give or take a few inches.

They sure were hungry. Do you see all the little ones? This is the first year that I have had so many young fish. As you can see in the pictures I have got to skim the leaves off the surface. I just have been too busy spring cleaning. Now that I am thinking of it I should add cleaning the pond to my spring cleaning list! What have you been up to lately?
I will be traveling the next two weeks to visit my grandsons. I will not have much time on line. I will try to stop over your blogs but may not do this every day. Have a great weekend. 

8 comments:

  1. It looks like they survived very well. Looks like there are a lot of really little ones in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about that - they must live under the water during winter. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are glad to see so many little fish 'wake up' in the early spring... I can only imagine how much the grandchildren love watching them...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen so many young Koi in a single pond. I'm glad they survived the winter. Thank you for your birthday greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I have a quick question about "Grandma Bonnie's Closet!" Please email me when you get a chance...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look how many young fish you have. I'm happy to see spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's a lot of baby fish. I hope you're having a good visit. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to do ponds in the past and they seem to fail. Your pond and fish look like so much fun! I need you to come and teach me the fine art of ponds!

    ReplyDelete