............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Bunny Cake

While off visiting my grandsons we had the enjoyment of making an Easter Cake. My grandson loves to help when ever I am baking so he was right in their learning how to frost a cake. I don't think I have ever taught a three year old how to frost a cake before. The experience was pure joy. Now I have made many nice Easter cakes before but I think this one was so easy and fun for my grandson that I will be making another this week with my granddaughters.
We used a cake mix. I normally make my cakes from scratch but it was much easier for my grandson to use a box mix. we prepare the cake as instructed on the box. I baked the cake in a 13 x 9 inch pan. When the cake was cooled I cut to pieces for ears and the remaining cake I cut in half and stacked.
My grandson iced the cake with butter cream frosting. we then covered the cake in shredded coconut. Last, we decorated with our favorite candies.


Have you decorated any cakes lately? What dessert do you have planned for Easter?

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I were just discussing Easter dinner...looks like we'll do strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Cute!! What fun that must have been for you and your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet of your grandson to help you with the cake. I'm sure he enjoyed it... BET it tasted good too...

    Happy Easter to you and the family, Bonnie.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! My mom made me a cake like that when I was a kid - I was very little but still remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was soooooooooooooo cute. I am going to keep this! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cute indeed! My kids probably wish I were more like you! I'm not very creative in the kitchen. Enjoyed watching you make your cake.

    ReplyDelete