............................................Welcome To Grandma Bonnie's Closet.............................................

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Part 2 My Granddaughters Visit

I have been busy, busy and really busy. My granddaughters are keeping me on my toes. I am just loving every minute of it. I have a few more pictures to share. I hope you enjoy.
Pumpkin working on her reading skills. We keep her practicing her reading and writing skills. 
Sweet Pea had to do her school work also. We are working on her coloring skills.
Lots of sand and sun.
Learning sand castle construction. Now that important!
We weeded and weeded. Then the girls had a lesson in how to tell when a radish is ready to pick. They picked radishes, tomatoes and a couple pepper plants! Yes, I said they picked a couple pepper plants. Grandma forgot to explain that pepper plants are like tomato plants. Just pick the fruit. Lol, they thought pepper plants were like radishes just grab the plant and pull. We had a good laugh, crossed our fingers and replanted the poor pepper plants. I guess you can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl. Ha ha! 
How is your garden growing? Do you have any good pepper plants? 




7 comments:

  1. That is so neat that your granddaughters visited and learned SO much from you... Kids are like sponges---learning something all of the time... SO important!!!!

    My friend has a couple of twin grandsons. They are both struggling in Daycare. In my opinion, it's because nobody in the family sits down with them and works with them and teaches them things.. They watch TV or play rough games constantly... It's no wonder they can't sit still. Kids need to be taught ALL of the time.. You are a good grandmother.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad they are playing and learning from you! I always know you will do a great job with our girls and I never doubt that they will be bored. There is so much for them to do there. They were soooo excited when we told them that they were coming to visit. They didn't even want to sleep that night before our tip there! Thank you for having them and being wonderful grandparents to them. I couldn't ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute Bonnie!! Hahahaha.... that is funny that they pulled up your pepper plants. Hope they do okay.. My peppers are doing GREAT by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like grandma is having fun and so are the grand daughters. I only planted some purple peppers this year (ornamental peppers).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when Andy went to preschool and they said that playing is work - that they were learning. And your beautiful grands are really learning with the wonderful grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look how much fun they are having with you! I don't think they will want to leave when it's time. And castle building looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like they are learning so much. I laughed at them pulling the pepper plants. Hope the plants survive :)

    ReplyDelete